Skip to main content

FAQ's

You may have noticed the viral photo of two twin girls in a stroller. Attached to the stroller is a sign showing the mother's response to the most common questions that she receives while out and about. I found it hilarious, because I totally understand where she's coming from. It also inspired me to make my own list! We're approaching the one year mark and I've heard it all! Here are the responses to the most common questions/statements that I get on a regular basis. 

"Yes they are twins."
"Yes they are mine."
"Yes I am old enough to have kids."
"No I did not use IVF."
"They were conceived naturally."
"No I was not trying to get pregnant with twins."
"Yes I was surprised."
"Yes my hands are full." 
"Yes I am busy, but I love it!" 
"Yes I DO have a job and do not stay home."  
"They are not boys."
"I am not exhausted or miserable at all. I love being a twin mom."
"I did deliver them naturally."
"Yes I did breastfeed." 
"They were not premature, as a matter of fact, they were fully grown and past due. 39 weeks."
"They are my 2nd & third children."
"I also have a son."
"Yes I am finished having children."
"I'm very glad that it's me and not you too."
"Yes we are very blessed."
"Nervous laughter....." (When someone strange approaches, gets too close or says something rude)
"They are not identical." 
"Yes twins do run in my family."
"Thank you!" (my most common response in passing to the congratulations and compliments)

Rhylan's common responses: 
"Yes I like being a big brother."
"I have two sisters."
"I'm a good big brother."
"They keep mommy busy."
"I love them." 

Most of the time I can handle this as I am very used to the "celebrity status" that comes with my outings now. Some days it can be tough. If I'm having a emotional day (like any normal person does), I just don't have the patience. And sometimes I just want to shop without the staring, remarks, neck craning or the pointing. But I just remind myself how incredibly blessed I am to have all three of my kids. And one day when my kids are grown, I will want this time back. I am so thankful and thank God every single day. I just have to hold my head high and power through (with my double stroller). Perhaps instead of talking, I will hand out cards with the URL to this blog post! That should solve it, right? 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...