Skip to main content

Uncle "Dip"

They know him by his Marine photo hanging on our wall. They know him from their Aunt Morgan's wedding photos. To them, he is Uncle "Dip". I'm talking about my brother Dylan who is currently stationed in Okinawa Japan. He left shortly after our daughters were born. And though we have FaceTime and text messaging, sometimes I wonder how they will react when they finally see him in person. Will they put two and two together? Will they be afraid as they usually are when someone new comes around? 

We are thrilled that he is able to join us on our family trip to Florida this September and even more thrilled that he will be officially stationed back in the states later this year. Until that time comes we will continue to talk about Dylan with the girls. We will continue to look at those photos and let them point out who they like to refer to as "Dip". It makes us laugh as they say their own version of the word Dylan. 

They say that time flies when you have children! And as much as I want time to slow down as my kids grow and change, I am thankful that time has flown by and Dylan will soon return to the states. We can't wait to say WELCOME HOME! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

Seize the....Target Store?

Last weekend, I had the itch for a day trip. So along with my momma, we packed up my three kiddos and headed out of town to do some shopping. Now let me just say that in the morning as I got the kids fed, bathed and dressed; as I loaded up the car with anything that we could potentially need on our day out, my conscience told me to stay home. I should've listened...Target is just not the same with three little kids in tow. Here's a breakdown of Target with two toddlers and a five year old.  Rhylan: "Mom can we please go to the toys?"  Me: "You have to be a good boy through the entire store and then we will go visit the toys last."  Five seconds pass.... Rhylan: "Mom can we please go to the toys?"  Me: "You have to be a good boy through the entire store and then we will go visit the toys last."  You get the idea....  I finally cave and head to the toy section with the hopes that a new toy will keep Rhylan occ...