Skip to main content

24 Weeks....a little late posting!



Babies Are The Size Of: Approx 1 1/3 lb each and about a foot long
Maternity Clothes: It's getting hot! That's all I'm going to say about that! 
Stretch Marks: None
Sleep: Lots of tossing and turning and extra bathroom breaks
Belly Button: On the verge of popping!
Feeling: Overall I'm doing well. I've had couple fainting spells in the last week and a little bit of soreness in the ribs and groin area. 
Symptoms: Getting tired frequently
Missing Anything?This week, my brother's Marine graduation. I'm extremely disappointed that I had to miss it. 
Movement: These girls move all of the time! Sometimes I think they are having somersault contests in there! Makes me happy! Now others are able to feel and see them move as well!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Lavender
Cravings: Corn dogs, fresh fruit and veggies
Wedding Ring: Still in-tact
Big Moments: After having two bad fainting spells, I was brought in to the hospital for testing. All of my blood work came back normal and I met with a cardiologist. They think it has to do with low blood pressure and everything going to my babies. My head and my heart are having a difficult time working together, which causes me to faint. Follow up appointment, heart monitoring and an ultrasound of the heart will take place in the coming week. Really needing prayers that everything comes back okay. 
Looking Forward To: Finishing the nursery paint! 
Next Appointment: June 16th

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...