Skip to main content

Just Having a Moment

We got to take another peek at our girls yesterday! They have grown and changed so much in just a few weeks! We had to have a repeat anatomy ultrasound, because they were unable to see the lips and noses last time around. This time, they were able to view extra details, all of the organs and the cutest little faces and poses! Baby A, showed her face over and over, almost like she was posing for the camera. It was the clearest picture we've seen yet! She has facial features that remind me of Rhylan; same lips, same nose, same chin. Baby B was a little more difficult to see, but of course she is going to be so stinking cute! 

Baby A weighs 1 lb 13 oz and Baby B weighs 1 lb 3 oz. So there is quite a difference between the two! They are over a foot long each as well. So I'm already carrying 3 lbs of babies! Crazy! Also, I always talk about Baby B as being my mover. Well her heart rate was 161 compared to Baby A at 138! Definitely shows who is the more active one! It's obvious based on those measurements that there is no way that they are identical. The chances with di/di twins being identical is only 30%. 

Everything checked out great with me. My weight is progressing perfectly and even though I feel like I weigh a ton, I am mostly baby! So I'm hoping it stays this way and that I can bounce back like I did with Rhylan! My doctor says to be sure to try and rest whenever I can. I'm definitely feeling exhausted more frequently as this pregnancy progresses. It's amazing how different everything is compared to my first pregnancy. 

I had an overwhelming moment when everything hit me at once. In two weeks, I go back for the diabetes testing, glucose drink. After that I go back every week for up to 11 weeks (or until I give birth) for non-stress tests, ultrasounds and check-ups. It just hit me like a ton of bricks!! Call me naive, but I guess I didn't realize just HOW MUCH extra goes into this twin pregnancy. My first pregnancy was an absolute breeze! I look back and think to myself, why on earth would I have ever complained back then? 

I'm just incredibly overwhelmed right now. Not only is my life about to change in ways that I never imagined, but I am scared to death of the possible financial burden of all of these extra tests and ultrasounds. We have great insurance, but every time something extra is added, I still see dollar signs. It just freaks me out! 

After my check-up, I met with cardiology to get a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours. I'm now sporting wires and a monitor pack. Not a good look if you ask me! Thank goodness I have a light scarf to throw on today or people may wonder what on earth is wrong with me. I go back on Thursday for an ultrasound of the heart and follow-up on the monitor results. I have to log any and all symptoms from dizziness, to headaches, shortness of breath, etc. This really has been a journey! Praying for a positive outcome. I know everything can't be smooth sailing and I would appreciate any extra prayers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

Seize the....Target Store?

Last weekend, I had the itch for a day trip. So along with my momma, we packed up my three kiddos and headed out of town to do some shopping. Now let me just say that in the morning as I got the kids fed, bathed and dressed; as I loaded up the car with anything that we could potentially need on our day out, my conscience told me to stay home. I should've listened...Target is just not the same with three little kids in tow. Here's a breakdown of Target with two toddlers and a five year old.  Rhylan: "Mom can we please go to the toys?"  Me: "You have to be a good boy through the entire store and then we will go visit the toys last."  Five seconds pass.... Rhylan: "Mom can we please go to the toys?"  Me: "You have to be a good boy through the entire store and then we will go visit the toys last."  You get the idea....  I finally cave and head to the toy section with the hopes that a new toy will keep Rhylan occ...