Skip to main content

31 Weeks



Babies Are The Size Of: We find out weights on August 11th. But I'm guessing approaching the 4 pound mark! 
Maternity Clothes: Dresses, capris, shorts and tanks! 
Stretch Marks: Not too many that are noticeable. But I still have time! 
Sleep: I've had a few really deep nights of sleep! I don't know if it's my body's way of gearing up for this experience, but it's nice! 
Belly Button: Outie
Feeling: I'm really starting to slow down (as stubborn as I am). My belly is getting very heavy feeling, I'm super tired and get really short of breath. Also loving this mild summer we've had. Super thankful for that! 
Symptoms: Rib pains on the right side, tiredness, shortness of breath and those lovely, Braxton Hicks contractions usually 6 or more times a day! Feeling really heavy overall. 
Missing Anything? Being able to clean my house at my Crystal rate of speed! Now it takes me so much longer, because I get really tired or my feet swell. 
Movement: So much movement and BIG movements! I'd say they are getting more squished in there by the week!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick? Nope thank goodness! 
Cravings: This week I haven't been hungry like normal. So I'm just trying to keep munching on healthy snacks for the girls. 
Wedding Ring: Still in-tact
Big Moments: We had our maternity pictures last week! Love them! Also, I packed our hospital bags and we ordered our last big necessitates for the girls. We will be ready when they decide to grace us with their presence. Feels really good! 
Looking Forward To: My baby shower with the Melrose ladies! 
Next Appointment: Monday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...