Skip to main content

Happy 1/2 Birthday

6 Months! We've hit the 1/2 birthday milestone in what feels like the blink of an eye! Adjusting to life as a twin mom over the past 1/2 year has not only been smooth, but FUN! We have been absolutely, 110% blessed beyond measure to have two happy, healthy baby girls. 

At their 6 month check-up, both girls' measurements were identical! It absolutely blew my mind, because Emersyn has always been smaller and Everly has always been referred to as "the bigger one", which makes me crazy! Well Emersyn decided to catch up to her sis. They both weigh 13 lbs, 12 oz and are 23 1/2 inches long. 

Introducing solid foods has been easy and the girls LOVE to eat! Most of the time, they like to eat faster than this mommy can keep up, while going back and forth between baby bites. They're looks have drastically changed over 6 months and compared to their newborn pictures, they are unrecognizable. They have the cutest puffy cheeks that you just can't help but kiss, squeeze and love! 

Now let's meet the girls at 6 months! 



Meet Emersyn (right): 
This little sweetie is my laid back love. She just goes with the flow, no matter what we're doing. She wakes up with a smile and doesn't mind (most of the time) waiting patiently for her turn when it comes to diapers and bottles. She's super chatty and is still working on letting out a big belly laugh. She rolls from front to back with ease and is on the verge of sitting up. Her soft little voice melts my heart and she loves to snuggle up to my chest for cat naps! She loves attention and soaks up the stares and comments from general public almost like she's saying "Yes I am a twin! Look at me! I'm so cute!" 

Meet Everly (left): 
My little "Everly Girl" is a little more high maintenance, but we wouldn't have her any other way. If you walk into the room and she's in it, you best pick her up or she'll let you know about it! She loves to be snuggled and loved on constantly. She's the best eater and rolls to wherever she'd like to go. She gives the best open mouth, drooly kisses! She laughs at big brother all of the time and loves chasing him through the house in a game of tag with Mommy. She is a little reserved when it comes to new people and often cries when approached by strangers. Give her some time to warm up! 

Every day, I wish time would slow down! But I try my best to soak up all that I can. Here's to the next 6 months and the milestones to come!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...