Skip to main content

Emotional

Today is one of those very emotional days that we moms have every now and then. And I can't really explain it. One minute a happy article is bringing tears to my eyes and then this happened.

As I'm working away in the afternoon, this little boy knocks on our glass door. I smiled and motioned for him to come in. He politely asked for a cup of water. Of course we gave him some water. He asked if he could take it with him. And he said "thank you so much" on his way out. 

This really struck an emotional cord with me. This little boy was right around Rhylan's age and out walking around by himself. It tugged at my heartstrings and made me realize just how blessed we are. Not all kids have the life that my kids do. Yes there are times when we struggle and life isn't always easy, but we work to give our kids the best life that we can. 

Do you ever watch you kids eat dinner and thank the Lord that you are able to feed and provide for them? I find myself doing that often knowing that there are kids in this world and practically in our backyard who don't always know when their next meal will come. 

I just hope that one day I can make a difference in the lives of children who are less fortunate. Sometimes it takes a small occurrence, such as a little boy asking for water to really open your eyes. And I hope that my sharing this will do the same for you. Sometimes as parents we often wonder if things could be better or if we are doing enough for our kids. We often take the little things for granted. 

Even if we don't have as much as some, one thing is certain. My kids will never have to doubt is just how loved they are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...