Skip to main content

3 a.m.

What is it about 3 a.m. that makes a pregnant woman wake up starving? That seems to be the opportune time for this mom-to-be to wake up nightly! If there's one major difference between being pregnant with one baby, versus carrying two, it's the extreme hunger! Wow! I have to eat something almost every two hours.

I find myself stumbling to the fridge while drowsy usually after some string cheese! I now pack a bag of healthy snacks to keep with me and to keep me full (or as close to full as possible). According to research, twin pregnancies require an extra 500-600 calories per day. I thought it would be easy to accomplish, but I wasn't that big of an eater prior to pregnancy. And I'm only 11 weeks pregnant! What's my appetite going to do as these little babies grow?

Rhylan heard me get up the other night and joined me for  a late night snack! He kept me company at the table and went back to bed when finished! I may have the best late night buddy ever! Love the mommy-son time even if it's at 3 a.m.

I do feel like I am getting back to myself this week! Last week was  a total whirlwind of emotions! I'm getting more and more excited every day and I just can't wait for my bump to grow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...