Skip to main content

Oh The Things People Say - Part 1 Twin Pregnancy

Do twins run in your family? 

Were you trying for twins?
Is that possible?? We wanted another baby and we were blessed with two!

Are they natural? Or are they in vitro?
Would I really tell you if I have fertility problems? But yes, if you must ask.

You are going to have your hands full. 
Clearly having two arms, my hands are literally full! Full of LOVE!

I couldn't do it. 
Wow! Thank you for sharing! So you would've abandoned one of your babies at birth??

Glad it's you and not me.
Hmmm....thank you. Just keep walking!

My (insert relative) has twin (insert gender). 

My husband is now called "super sperm" by his football team!
Okay this one is pretty funny!

I'm sorry. 
Sorry for what? The fact that my life will be filled with double the love, smiles, kisses and snuggles? People have three kids all of the time. Mine just came two at once! 

Oh my god, I would die if I had twins.
Really? Come on!

You're too small to be having twins. 
Are you my doctor? Nope didn't think so. 

I know someone who was pregnant with twins, but they lost one. 
I know it happens, but as if I'm not already scared, this is the last thing I need to hear.

You are one brave girl (in a condescending tone). 
They act like I did it on purpose! But yes, I am brave and will give this experience everything I have to give our little ones the best life! 

You better (insert activity) while you still can! 
People act like my life is coming to an end! 

What a blessing! You're so lucky! 
THANK YOU!!!!

You look so cute pregnant!
THANK YOU!!!! Can you tell me that again when it's 100 degrees outside and I'm huge? 

I'm sure you are worried, but everything will be okay. 
Again THANK YOU!!! 

That's great that you are having twins! Twice the love! 
This is one of my favorites!

You look great! 
Thank you! 

And they just keep on coming! I might have to add to the list as the pregnancy progresses! 

Feel free to add in the comments section others that you have heard! 

And I'm sure it will get even better when the babies are here! So wait for Part 2!








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...