Skip to main content

Ask And You Shall Receive

Out of all of the cribs in America, the one I am after has been discontinued! Before Rhylan was born, I purchased a beautiful cherry wood, camel-back crib with the matching dresser. It was pretty pricey, but very high quality. After all, kids tend to have nicer furniture than the parents, right? 

I went back to Babies R Us recently to buy another one, because I want my babies to have matching beds and of course, it has been discontinued. I realize it's been 3 years, but several of the same cribs were still there! 

I got online and spent HOURS trying to locate this crib! I went through every site on every page of Google only to find that it was a lost cause! I'm sure some people probably wouldn't make a big deal out of their kids' furniture matching, but anyone who knows me knows that I can be a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to decor, so I was determined!

I decided to just throw in the towel and come to terms with the fact that I was not going to be able to find this crib. Then out of nowhere, one turned up! A lady in Wentzville has THREE of this crib, because she has a set of twins followed by an infant! She is selling hers to me for half of what I paid for mine and it's immaculate. Her baby has barely slept in it and she has been wanting to change her nursery to white furniture. I definitely feel like it's meant to be! Ask and you shall receive, right?

So this weekend, I will be heading that way to bring it home! Nursery furniture? CHECK! 
Now it's on to stocking the nursery with baby essentials! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

Seize the....Target Store?

Last weekend, I had the itch for a day trip. So along with my momma, we packed up my three kiddos and headed out of town to do some shopping. Now let me just say that in the morning as I got the kids fed, bathed and dressed; as I loaded up the car with anything that we could potentially need on our day out, my conscience told me to stay home. I should've listened...Target is just not the same with three little kids in tow. Here's a breakdown of Target with two toddlers and a five year old.  Rhylan: "Mom can we please go to the toys?"  Me: "You have to be a good boy through the entire store and then we will go visit the toys last."  Five seconds pass.... Rhylan: "Mom can we please go to the toys?"  Me: "You have to be a good boy through the entire store and then we will go visit the toys last."  You get the idea....  I finally cave and head to the toy section with the hopes that a new toy will keep Rhylan occ...