Skip to main content

To Love So Much It Hurts

This blog is dedicated to my oldest baby Rhylan! I never knew that it was possible to love someone so much it hurts! He makes Michael and I so proud every single day. We just know that he will be an incredible big brother and love having playmates! He asked for a sibling and was blessed with TWO! 

For Easter, he received a bike from his grandparents and he couldn't wait to take off! He was so determined and his eyes lit up with excitement. I just can't wait for him to teach his siblings all that he knows about being a kid. 

It seems like he has grown so much lately that it's crazy! Age three has been an absolute whirlwind so far! He is speaking in full sentences now, doesn't miss a thing and will point out shapes and colors everywhere we go. Now that the weather is nice, he can't wait to get outside and we have to drag him in when the sun goes down. 

His favorite bedtime story is The Very Hungry Caterpillar and I look forward to our nightly cuddle sessions while reading the story that he has memorized! Sometimes we have to read it 3 or 4 times before he goes to sleep. We will soon have bedtime stories plus two! 

This blog may be cheesy, but I just can't imagine how much love will be in our home when we add two more little ones. Yes I know that it will have it's ups and downs, which people clearly love to point out, but I love working to give our kids the best life possible. And we raised a pretty good kiddo the first time, so God thought we needed two more! They always come first! It's hard to imagine what our life was like before kids and we wouldn't have it any other way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...