Skip to main content

We Know!

We had an absolutely amazing appointment this week! The ultrasound was almost two hours long and was incredibly thorough. So we got to see all of the little details and side profiles of our little ones. Everything checked out perfectly! Each baby weighs 13 ounces; just three ounces shy of one pound each! It's amazing how much they have grown and changed from our 14 week ultrasound. 

My measurements were also great! According to my measurements, I should be set to carry these little ones to full-term, if not close to it. Which is very reassuring! I definitely want them to be fully "cooked" and healthy. I also want them to come when they are ready! Any prayers would be appreciated for healthy growth and a full pregnancy! Baby A was positioned with the head down and Baby B was in a breech position. Hopefully Baby A will be in that same position when it comes time to deliver! 

We also learned the genders! And we cannot wait to share with everyone! We've loved listening to everyone guess and make predictions! We are revealing the genders to our families on Memorial Day. After that, we can officially shout it out to the world! 

I am officially in planning mode now that I know what they are. Names, nursery decor and all of the little fun stuff, that I've been so anxiously waiting to do! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...