Skip to main content

Keeping Me Guessing

Before my appointment yesterday, I had convinced myself that I was going to have a scheduled c-section with these little lovelies! However, they completely surprised me as well as my doctor. Both babies are in the perfect head down position. My doctor said that if they continue for the next couple weeks, then she will cancel the scheduled c-section date with hopes of a natural birth! 

They did so great yesterday as far as cooperating for the tests and of course made for one thrilled mom to see them both in perfect position! They were both side by side, head down with their little legs crossed, like mirror images. Let's hope that it continues. The further along I get, the harder it is for them to maneuver. So them being head down at this point is a great sign! 

I can't pray and hope enough that they decide to come on their own. I really hope that it happens that way! My pregnancy with Rhylan has left me nervous, because I never thought he would come and I carried him for two weeks past my due date. I know that my doctor won't let me go past 38 weeks with twins, but I'm still very apprehensive and hope that they will come, because they are ready. 

Apparently my mommy pep talks are working! We are still praying to reach 36 weeks, which is just 4 weeks from now, a blink of an eye in pregnancy time! It's absolutely crazy to think about, but at the same time, the more uncomfortable I get with two sets of feet in my ribs, back pain and ankle pain, the more I am ready to move on to the next phase. The phase where our whole world will be turned upside down with two beautiful baby girls. We are incredibly excited and nervous all at the same time! 

I keep wondering how on earth I will handle the needs of two infants at one time plus a three year old. I just remind myself that God chose us to take this on for a reason and that over time, things will get easier. We will get into a system that works for us and our life will fall back into place. The only option is to jump into it, ready or not and feet first! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Sitting Down?

That's the very question, I've asked anyone close to me before breaking our news. So are you sitting down?  Let's go back three days ago - 9:30 in the morning, I confidently walked into my doctor's office to talk about my 2nd pregnancy. I mean what was there to worry about? This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I was cool, confident and collected. I was 9 weeks and 5 days along. I sat through the routine questions. You know, the ones where they ask you if you do club drugs? I talked to my doctor about what I've been experiencing, including frequent nausea and unbearable fatigue that literally knocks me out by 7:30 pm. I had already gained 8 pounds, which was shocking, because I've been eating well and working out. But the doctor was not concerned with that and said, "Let's take a look at your little one ."  I was so anxious to see that little bean with a flickering heart ever since I got that positive pregnancy test! So this was the moment,...

Shock - Acceptance - Excitement

I really want to share my thoughts during this journey for anyone who may have been in my shoes. And to reassure them that what they are feeling is perfectly normal (at least that's what I tell myself). Everyone handles big news differently. I chose to freak out and panic! Others are more like what you see on TV!  Either way, welcome to our crazy journey!  The next day, I walked into work and decided to let the big news out. I mean anyone walking by my desk must wonder what's going on. What they normally see is a woman who takes pride in her appearance. That day, that got a completely different version of me; makeup-less, sleep deprived and frightened. I'm having (choke) twins!  I decided to show the ultrasound photo of my babies (still getting used to saying and hearing babies). I was immediately swept up in excitement and joy! They could not have been happier for me. This is where I started to feel the tiniest bit better. They were thinking of names and talking a...

10 Years

It goes without saying that a lot can change in just 10 (short) years. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school. It's made me really reflect on my life thus far and how I'm nowhere near the person I was back then. Back then I set huge goals for myself:  1. Go to College 2. Find a Husband 3. Travel the World 4. Get Married 5. Find a Career 6. Start a Family  I came from a small town full of people who either thought they were better than you, a class full of peers who always fought, several teachers who put us down instead of encouraging and a school board full of well-connected parents. All of that equals a recipe for disaster. It's had an effect on me that weighs well into my adult years. I tell people how much I disliked high school and they just can't believe it. Let me tell you how it has shaped me as a person and a parent.  I'm taking you back to my sophomore year. The assignment was to research colleges. This assignment excited me a...